
Having watched each of the 4 matches 'Clockwork Oranje' have played in the 2010WC, it seems to me that if they're going to make a serious run at winning it all, Robben is going to have to keep up playing the way he's playing, while at the same time keeping that calf healthy. Also, the Dutch have put Liverpool striker/winger Dirk Kuyt (whose work ethic comes as a result of him being the son of a fisherman, as put by Martin Tyler) on Robben's opposing wing. Kuyt has a fantastic work ethic, and certainly gives his all when playing, but he just doesn't have the pace that a player like Elia adds towards the potent Dutch attack. I would hope to see Elia (or even Ryan Babel/ 'Babar' the elephant) on Robben's opposing flank when they match up against tournament favorites Brazil this Friday. This one's certainly shaping up to be a doozy, though.
Anyway, above I've provided a picture of Robben above for those of you reading this (Kristi) that don't know what he looks like. Let's just say looks can be deceiving... Per my wikipedia search, Robben was born January 23, 1984... which makes him 26?!? You have to be kidding me... He looks to be about 51, as Scottie put it. Absolutely ridiculous, seriously. What do you think he looked like as a 12 year old? Think they were serving him adult beverages back then? I bet they were... Anyway, I wonder what he's going to look like when he's actually 51? I'm going to put my money on him looking exactly the same...
Here's to hoping for an KNVB win on Friday,
Ryan
That is unfortunate. Maybe he has the same disease as Jack: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116669/
ReplyDeleteOr maybe he just went chrome-dome early; I know plenty of guys our age with similar, ahem, hairdos. Of course that doesn't account for his oldface.
What made Scottie think 51? It's very specific, did he hear it somewhere?
haha our family friend, brian kerwin, is actually the dad in jack.
ReplyDeleteand i think scottie picked 51 for theatrics... has a nice jingle to it.